Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: First post, Sunday all asleep I think.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

First post, Sunday all asleep I think.

woo, this is weird. I know this is the norm for a million and three people out there, but this is strange to me. I'm far more used to sending out emails reacting to the insane decisions that management make, maybe this will keep me out of trouble.
Today, Sunday, I'm in the uni library looking out over the tables and computer screens with no one in attendance at either. a few people seem to be wandering around randomly setting off alarms and such like, looking a bit like those motorised pretend robot things you get that just wheel around denting furniture looking like people in a library on a Sunday morning. Forgot phone today and realised that I have no idea of friends' phone numbers even those I have known for years. I now realise that if I were kidnapped by aliens and had just escaped the mothership, no matter my level of ingenuity, the compliance of alien children or the adaption of their alien equivalent to "Speak and spell", I would be sitting there asking for an intergalactic telephone directory. Although, I'm not really sure why I should worry about this, after all, who knows the dialling code for Earth anyway? I'll have to ask the kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home