Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: The Final Count Down

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The Final Count Down

Been taking some time to reflect on the important things in life. In that I mean important to me ;o) So, as I sit here enjoying a rather large glass of Vinho Verde, the calming low octane variety, I am trying to draw on all my angels and demons to balance and offer input as to what direction I should be taking. Career needs to provide enough incentive to get out of bed in the morning and to actually open that file and edit it. Within the career envelope we need at least the minimum of functional support from which we can launch ourselves towards goal and fulfil objectives. Lately this has been lacking. Equipment not working is made much worse when it adds to already notable problems. So home and family. Need to go home. Don’t miss the weather at all, and there are things here in Portugal which will never be replaced in Scotland. Equally, there are things in Scotland that I simply can not live without any longer. Time to go home and try and find my place again. Will be like a new start again. I have loved my time here, and it was always something I have wanted to do after I’d finished university and thanks to the constant support of SB it has been a reality. But it’s time to wake up, get out of bed, shiver a bit and make SB some coffee and toast.

Tonight’s Play list:

The Arcade Fire – Wake up
Depeche Mode – I feel you
Sisters of Mercy – More
Neurotic Fish – Breaking the Cliché
Project Pitchfork – Requiem
Garbage – The Trick is to Keep Breathing
I Love you but I’ve Chosen Darkness – We Choose Faces
Ladytron – The Way That I Found You
Telephone – Ahead
Franz Ferdinand – Fade Together
Bent – Swollen
Kasabian – Ovary Stripe
Boards of Canada – The Colour of Fire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home