Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: keys... Bugger!

Monday, December 10, 2007

keys... Bugger!

As I may or may not have mentioned, Snackie is in season, and I don’t mean like Armani. I’m talking five of the most unlikely canine suitors you could imagine. I will try and get pictures. Anyway, last night, they were outside barking their collective faces off, sadly there was no actual detachment, driving me further from sleep and more mental by the minute. I have reached such levels of psychosis that I have filled balloons with water to launch at the buggers. The one problem with this tactic is that it rains in Guimaraes, and I think they quickly learned that my weapon was fairly unthreatening. I think it was after the initial shock probably more of a help, as all that barking and shagging can really get you hot. I passed out about 6am. I awoke at my second alarm at 9.30 but seemed to lose time. when I was leaving one of the dogs, medium size, black curly hair (looks like a ‘fro) and very sharp looking teeth was in the foyer. It was not enthusiastic about letting me pass. Growling and showing off of said dentures played an important part in all of this. I backed off and got some weaponry. As said, water doesn’t work. Neither does an air powered scare away dogs alarm, which is a re-branded rape alarm with a picture of a dog with very sharp teeth, just in case you are in any doubt why you might need such a device. I resorted to a coat stand. Which worked well, except in the midst of my triumphant enthusiasm, I chased my toothy enemy out the door to the top of the steps, with the door closing behind me. Locking me out…
I am typing this now, so obviously I got in again, about 4 hours later. More later, I really have to get to the lab!
Some pics...

This is the nasty little swine who has sharp teeth and temper. Barks a lot usually between 7-12pm then 2-6am. Like to attack the others who are "on his patch"; shudder...


This one is just a general menace. Barks at the other dogs usually between 2-6am


This one is funny. He looks like a fox with about 5 vertebrae removed. Barks at the other dogs and shadows as appropriate.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stuffed Badger said...

My Monday has been similarly lousy. Must be a full moon or something...

10 Dec 2007, 17:21:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they all look lovely. are you sure you didn't provoke canine uprising?

14 Dec 2007, 14:17:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home