Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Guimaraes weather report

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Guimaraes weather report

So, Flew back to GuimarĂ£es yesterday. The strangely familiar 4.30 am drive to Edinburgh airport was made more fun by the blizzard conditions on the M8. As SB did a lane change and we hit a bank of slushy snow I concentrated on all the potential dangers and required a trouser change upon reaching the destination. I have to admit, my reaction to car travel just now is comparable to that of a Victorian grandmother. The concept of travelling any faster than a horse drawn carriage brings on palpitations and leaves me feeling quite giddy. 50 mph? are you mad sir!! surely the friction generated from moving the air around us would cause us to spontaneously combust!
Got there safe, flew to Frankfurt (weird place, but now strangely familiar), avoided McDonalds, bummed around for around 4 hours, then off to Porto and an unfeasibly long train journey. Very dull.
Finally on getting back to G, I was walking to the apartment and I saw these tiny baby lizards wandering around ever so slowly. I confess when I saw the first one I thought it was a twig and did nothing to avoid crushing it below my mighty physical form, then I saw another and hopped the rest of the way, lifting my 20 kg of hold luggage and my close to 15 kg of hand luggage, inc. laptop (Air Berlin can eat my CPU, 8 kg indeed!) over the heads of the collection of slow moving baby lizards and snails. All seemed to be doing widths.
Today is the first report of temperature following the smashing pressie of thermometer with remote sensor. I got a very nice chess set for Christmas, photos to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home