Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Near miss

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Near miss

So, walking home from CAR and a car hits the pavement , a lamp post and ends up dead in the road. The guy driving is obviously a bit pissed simply by his sheer lack of concern as to what had just occurred. First thought that occurs to me is that moments before, I was going to cross the road, and given time lost crossing road etc I would have been in the path of the vehicle. Looking at the damage to the lamp post and picturing myself as being in between car and post, it is hard for me to imagine how I would becoming away from such an accident with anything more minor that actually loosing a leg. So obviously I think these fuckers should be hung from the nearest tree. Interestingly, moments before the crash, another car drives over a very high kerb to get to a parking space to avoid driving round. Doing this the car grounded its exhaust. Again, to decide this is a reasonable option, I think, requires a little more beer than consideration.

Interestingly, the crashed car which totalled the lamp post, air bags didn’t go off. This was fast enough to merit them. I will try to find out what the car was. Renault or Peugeot I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home