Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Trapped in Cabinets...

Friday, July 11, 2008

Trapped in Cabinets...

So, this week I have mainly been in the kitchen. Rebuilding it...
It's a small south facing room, unpleasantly long with lots of features strategically placed to screw up the placement of any standard kitchen cupboard. We have a waste water pipe that travels about 2 metres along the wall elevating at about 10 degrees. This is at the height you would normally have the base of the unit. Meaning I have to cut a slot out of the bloody thing. The next thing we had was a cold water stop cock which stuck out right where the washing machine was going. So I had to move that. Not being able to swim, I panic a little about water, which begs the question "Why was I so determined to relocate the sink?". So I had to do more plumbing stuff. Seems ok, but I am still wearing water wings.
Tonight I used a router and a circular saw. The router was fine, lots of dust but well behaved. The saw was a teeny bit scary. Images of slicing through fingers etc etc. I have also worked out how much work top I need to cover all the surfaces. Apparently 6 metres. So a little nervous of making cock up as I ordered two 3 metres lengths. Not a lot to allow for errors there...
Tomorrow I get to hack more out of the back of a cupboard for the main water supply key.
Dreams are back to normal, I got brutually murdered this morning as I slept for an extra hour.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stuffed Badger said...

Did you get brutally murdered WHILE trapped in a cabinet. Or murdered BY a cabinet? That'd be really screwed up.

I think it's probably just all that mucking around with power tools which is making you dwell on potential injury.

11 Jul 2008, 08:52:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home