Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: No Rest for the wicked

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

No Rest for the wicked

I still can't sleep unless medicated or exhausted. I guess I have a lot on my mind. I need to sort out Job soon as the steep drop from have to have not might bruise more than a little. I start out supremely positive, but somehow...
No matter. I'm sitting here having lunch. it snowed earlier which was nice, nothing lying but the usual traffic chaos as if everyone woke up to find out they'd been cursed with jelly tyres during the night.
It's sunny now and from where I sit the years of careless window washing is revealed by the net of scratches covering the glass. Another 50 years and it will be merely translucent. Future generations will wonder why frosted glass was so popular and why window cleaners were outlawed. Cause and effect my dears, cause and effect.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stuffed Badger said...

Yes, driving to work was 'interesting' this morning. It's only been a week or two since the last snowfall - you'd think they'd remember how to deal with it. At least I got to test drive my new, improved glovesies :-)

2 Feb 2010, 14:45:00  
Blogger Dalg said...

Have you checked out the jobs at the Uni? Might be worth keeping an eye on. Stuff does occasionally crop up.

8 Feb 2010, 15:47:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home