Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Lately...

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lately...

This has been a bit quiet. Mainly down to me being busy. We had a stag for a friend. Which was possibly nicer than is actually decent for such things. Great weekend.
As part of work I have to go to Brussels which is cool because it'll look cool on the CV and I have to do a workshop. Hopefully I will fall into character and not freeze up. It's all shit I know inside out, so shouldn't be an issue.
Been reading more. Philip K Dick has been the focus. Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said; Radio Free Albemuth was very good. Cosmic Puppets was less PKD than any other stuff that I have previously read, more thriller. Slightly Stephen King (pre-dates massively). Now on The Divine Invasion, which is good.
Bikes have gone mad. I now have my Cove Stiffee with 150 mm Marzocchi forks which I got for £100.
I got a cheap medium sized GT Avalanche frame to replace the small that I had been running with since 2009. All the bits were transferred and it has the Manitou 100 mm R7 fork which works perfectly. Size difference is notable, and I can see why I bought the small, but...
Road Bike is still the Specialized Tricross Sport. Lovely bike, needs a good servicing. I'll do it.

Off to Brussels on Sunday, have a major project coming online shortly, and another in the offing that I hope to see to completion. Really enjoying my job just now. It isn't easy, and sometimes frustrating. Ultimately good.

Pictures coming soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger simon50 said...

If you like the novel, please check out (and "like") the upcoming indie movie adaptation of Radio Free Albemuth on Facebook - there's always a lively discussion of all thing PKD-related going on.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Radio-Free-Albemuth/108779869153969?ref=ts

also the website for the movie:
www.radiofreealbemuth.com

And please spread the word!

thanks,
john alan simon
writer/director - Radio Free Albemuth

12 Mar 2011, 20:13:00  
Blogger simon50 said...

If you like the novel, please check out (and "like") the upcoming indie movie adaptation of Radio Free Albemuth on Facebook - there's always a lively discussion of all thing PKD-related going on.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Radio-Free-Albemuth/108779869153969?ref=ts

also the website for the movie:
www.radiofreealbemuth.com

And please spread the word!

thanks,
john alan simon
writer/director - Radio Free Albemuth

12 Mar 2011, 20:14:00  
Blogger Stuffed Badger said...

Crikey, you have been busy haven't you?

15 Mar 2011, 11:12:00  
Blogger Dalg said...

PKD is awesome. One of my favourite authors. The one book which I was mildly dissapointed with is The Man in the High Castle. It's good, but it's the least PKD-ish PKD book I've ever read. Saying that, it IS a good book in its own right.

16 Mar 2011, 10:31:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home