Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Sorry Mr Fly :o)

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sorry Mr Fly :o)

Well tonight is weird, even by the previously fairly high standards set. The night has been dominated by trying to detail the results from the baby of my PhD research. I think I keep losing direction. First, trying to write a scientific paper in prose, not so good. Your average novel doesn’t lend itself so well to diagrams and topological representation of data, unless you count The Lord of the Rings. Secondly, the lightening storm and heavy rain. Never could resist those. Storms are always better observed with a favourite beverage. I had some Bombay Sapphire and tonic…
The door is now open, I am watching the rain, waiting for lightning and the insects of Guimarães are seeking shelter. No romance in their hearts, or whatever they have for circulationary facilitation, no appreciation of a good storm. So, a rather long and slender fly appears on the screen of my computer, wanders down and disappears into the keyboard!!! It reappears some moments later, just to the left of the f1 key. I quickly flick it off the computer and it seems I have damaged its leg. As it wanders in a wide circle, , approx 2m radius, on the floor. Be impressed by my floor space! But unimpressed by my cruelty to insects :o(
Sorry Mr Fly, I know you had family, and just wanted shelter from the rain. Do insects repair well? I mean, he’s not dead, just a bit limpy. Maybe he was stunned.
This requires more Gin….

1 Comments:

Blogger Stuffed Badger said...

This is really quite Kafka-esque - maybe lay off the gin :P

25 May 2007, 11:43:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home