Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Lazy bastard

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lazy bastard

Sometimes I read stuff and have to do a double take on what was just there. Today’s was the email sent to my old university staff account announcing that there would be “Pilates classes in ARC”. Now obviously I saw Pirates and was halfway through a very hearty “Ah harrr” when the error registered. Was a little disappointed I have to admit.
It’s been a little quiet here lately. Not because I don’t have stuff, good stuff too! But because I have been lazy. Sorry reader.
Was getting mad results in the lab, but double checked it all and they are real. Now I have to think why. Damn it!
Came home, removed MP3 player and plugged it into speakers. At the time, Oasis was blasting away advising me to pull myself together, it is now some hours later and we have gone through Pete Murphy, The Pixies, Placebo and Portishead. These have all been bands that I have wilfully neglected for a number of years. I’d forgotten how much I’d like Placebo.
Over dinner I had this weird sense of déjà vu realising it was mainly due to the fact I have been living off an obscenely unhealthy diet of hamburgers for I don’t know how long. They have salad!! But really, I think some variation is required.
I got to drive a car here in Portugal! I was all ready for it being a little bit weird, but I wasn’t ready for dropping my left hand into the door pocket looking for the gear change or the handbrake, or looking at the left A pillar (the one at the windscreen) in search of the rear view mirror. On the whole, it was ok and I think with a couple of years practice I could get the hang of it.
Bought flights to Scotland, which is both a happy and a sad thing. By a strange quirk of economics it was cheaper to buy return flight than a single way, which means I have to shoe horn a long weekend or a week in August. Which will be nice.
MP3 has graciously furnished us with Project Pitchfork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home