Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Bike Shopping

Monday, December 22, 2008

Bike Shopping

I've been looking for a new bike to replace the very long in the tooth racer that I used to trundle back and forth whilst living in the Southside. And the still the easier thing to do is sit down make a list of what you'd like in a bicycle and then try to determine which one fits the bill. After trying this, I realised the quadruple espresso had altered my consciousness somewhat when the short list included:
A tardis, matter transportation, an elephant, an MR2, a jet pack, a sled and husky team, and my old bike that I was trying to replace.
These were all discounted for the following reasons:
Tardis: I suspect those that I see on eBay and amazon.com might not actually be fully functioning. And even if they were, the great risk in Glasgow and Edinburgh is that between me parking it in the morning and returning to it late afternoon it would have been taken over by entrepreneurial squatters and converted to a coffee franchise.
Matter Transportation: Doesn't actually exist as a viable technology. Even if it did, after The Fly, I'm not sure I could ever trust it.
Elephant: Too slow, parking would be only slightly better than a car, they can step sideways!! :o), no hazard lights, poo.
MR2: It's a car and apparently sounds like poo in French.
Jet Pack: Easy parking, could probably just wear normal clothing, could fly above the storms although I would be afraid of scorch marks.
Sled and Husky: This would be great! Girls love dogs, in summer we could put wheels on, stylish. However, lots of poo.
My old bike: I just put this one in as a joke. - Photo coming soon. This has been sitting in a lock up for about 3 years :(

Back to the list...
I have my eye on one, and the credit card is twitching.
Can you reliably use divination to determine a wise purchase?

I saw this! fantastic name! Bike Worry Beads needed

2 Comments:

Blogger Stuffed Badger said...

I like the last bullet point - "What a silly price" - the lack of punctuation makes it seem almost like some kind of doleful reprimand.

22 Dec 2008, 22:32:00  
Blogger Dalg said...

Check out the Edinburgh Bike Co-op. Either that or buy my bike so I can go to the Edinburgh Bike Co-Op.
Or by K's Marin Palisade for £300. It's totally new (apart from the fram) as she had to rebuild it after it got totally stripped outside her work, so new wheels, tyres, in fact everything bar the frame.

23 Dec 2008, 10:10:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home