Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Cursed Sunday

Monday, July 20, 2009

Cursed Sunday

Sunday was a weird one. practically everything that we attempted to do was thwarted by what seemed suspiciously like divine intervention. It was probably my fault for wearing the Laibach "...we don't trust him." tee shirt. Went to IKEA to get a rug that they didn't have any of. Boo hiss. We also had the worst coffee I have ever tasted whilst there. We can only assume that the employee learned his trade from Baldrick. It tasted no better than slightly watery sweetened mud. In contrast, we were in the Crooked Lum in East Kilbride today and had a gorgeous coffee. Food was nice too.
Back to Sunday:
Halfords - brake pads for car - not in stock.
Evans - Base layer - not in stock.
Ikea - Rug - not in stock.

There was much more but I can't abide my constant whining so I will shut my neck.

Today I was mainly practicing bunny hops on my bike. Surely there is a more macho name than bunny hops...
Anyway, seems getting the back wheel up is easier than I thought. Got it a good half metre off the ground. yes, i nearly threw myself over the handlebars! :)
Grippy shoes are a must. The grub screws on kona platform pedals work extremely well for removing a 3 mm core of skin/flesh from the front of my (and no doubt anyone elses) shin. Apparently I can swear in four languages...

1 Comments:

Blogger Stuffed Badger said...

Yes, I think IKEA coffee is simply mud that was once shown a single coffee bean and asked to remember it - homeopathic coffee!

22 Jul 2009, 09:12:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home