Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Ship wrecked...

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ship wrecked...

The other day I had the most peculiar experience. Not one that I actually thought would be possible in my current environment, but isolation (Milky Joe) is obviously a mental experience as well as physical displacement. So, the “experience”. Walking up the road, towards the university, away from the post office, and I see a car, black Mercedes estate, with UK number plates! Instantly, I know the feeling as the heart of the ship wrecked skips a beat, seeing a ship off the coast of their little island. I check and can see the driver quite obviously mounted on the “correct” side of the vehicle, I break into a slight run, god knows why! But it just pulls away further and further. And in my mind I am on the beach, my clothes and my resolve in tatters as the first ship I’ve seen sails away, around the corner and up past the castle. Bastards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home