Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: The sky is falling!!!!

Friday, December 22, 2006

The sky is falling!!!!

I’ve been looking at the “Travel Chaos” headlines regarding flights to, from and via the UK. We were flying back from Turin using a very interesting route which was more of a leap-frogging action as we hopped from Turin to Rome to London to Glasgow. Our one hour in Rome dragged out to six as the flight was delayed, rescheduled, then finally cancelled. All the problems were due to the fog in the UK which of course no one in Rome bothered to mention. On the bright side we got a nice trip around the terminal in a bus and when we finally got on a plane, it took off, landed and the bmi staff were helpful and we made our flight back to Glasgow. Which is a lot more than most people seem to have managed.

Turin was gorgeous. City architecture was fantastic and the museums and galleries visited were superb. I have some really cool photos which, when I resize them I’ll put online. I have some other news, but that’ll wait for now.

Still going to Portugal to work for a bit, the project details look really interesting with a high level of relevance to the research work I have recently finished. Can’t find any viable flights before the 10th and managed to bugger up flights by having a five minute overlap of landing / take off times. I’m blaming the lack of coffee.

Last thing, windows is acting up again! Apparently the WMI module has been corrupted. Tried rolling the set up back but this had no effect other than stripping out the programs I had installed to do other stuff. Oh joy…

When am I changing my operating system?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home