Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: No, I REALLY can't speak Portugese...

Thursday, January 11, 2007

No, I REALLY can't speak Portugese...

first post from Portugal.

I wrote some stuff last night so here that is:

It's 3.15 am (of course). I have now been awake since 4.00 am the previous day, before all the travel stuff. I am completely knackered. I have somewhere to lie and wait for sleep at least, a room in the seminary. The room is simple but nice with the main problem that it has a rather busy road in clear view from teh window which is louder when lying on the bed. If at any point I am tempted to drift off with the repetitive hum of the traffic, a truck revs, sounds its horn or drives for 20 metres on the rumble strips at the sides of the road. should I become aclimatised to that, there are two guard dogs which seem to bark at anything.
Then there is the town clock, which I'm sure I can hear ticking, and chickens, somewhere.

I need to sleep. It seems like exhaustion is the only option.


Today

Needed to get some number, like a tax code I think. Managed to find the office about 2 minutes after it closed. How in God's name am I going to be conscious for it opening tomorrow?

Did manage to buy some stuff. Some of this was essential, Glasses and corkscrew (can't find my nice one I thought was in the case, some wine, thank god for self service! and some luxury chip sticky things, which sadly won't be salt and vinegar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home