Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Beer and electronica

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Beer and electronica

It's two days till christmas. Hmmm. I spent a bit of time on the tree this year, as opposed to the last few years where it looked like it had been vomited into existence. Not sure why previous years got so little attention, I've always loved Christmas although something happened tonight that reminded me somewhat of the darkside of the childish Christmas experience. Danielle had found some ancient (ok ok 1980) Space Invaders game. Now, I remember the kid next door getting one of these, and I was deeply annoyed about it. It was, back then, a cool game. actually, it is still fairly cool. After I managed to cram the AA batteries into position, were even batteries smaller in olden times grandad? So I spent some time blasting the 2 x 4 grid of low res. aliens. this reminded me of all the toys which seem to have disappeared. Did they really exist at all? I mean, don't you think that you see a lot of the same people? I'm fairly attentive and I wonder if maybe the levels of repetition are just too weird. So, Beer. Having a nice cold Peroni, which I could NOT find whilst in Torino. As rare as wholemeal bread it seemed. Music. I should say MUSIC!! I have a somewhat melancholic preference in music and have been listening to "Ladytron", "Project Pitchfork" and "I love you but I've chosen Darkness". All three deserve to be listed to without any predudice. Ladytron are amazing! I have to admit that I have only listened to their last CD "Witching hour". But I don't know what I would have done without them. Some music opens you up to yourself. You listen to it and things clear and you see truthes and paths that perhaps you might have cloaked from your everyday view. Just a month ago the Ladytron tracks "Beauty Number 2" and Destroy Everything you Touch" had me in tears, as did ILYBICD "Lights" and "we chose faces", who were amazing live. I guess they grab you and make you think, what about this (insert aspect of life under extreme scrutiny). I can't claim to be terribly sciential about such things, but experience seems to point correctly. My biggest regret right now is that timing of career and love are in anti-phase. I am looking forward to going to Portugal, but i know I will miss my GF incredibly. This post is rather long and dull. Sorry about that. Check out the bands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home