Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: twice in two days!! madam, you excel yourself!!

Sunday, March 25, 2007

twice in two days!! madam, you excel yourself!!

I went to Porto yesterday and today. Yesterday it got late and I didn’t have a map or even a list of places to find, so it all proved a little futile in the end. I was completely knackered from being out the previous night and having had no sleep. Even me, chief lazy sod has difficulty in getting any effective sleeping done when I don’t get home until 9 am.
Today was a bit better planned and I went hunting for the record shops (do they still call them record shops?) and clothing shops, well they are clothes. So a bit of yomping brought me to a (sm)mall(ish). “Italia” it were called. This has a CD shop with a decent selection of industrial/rock stuff. Not much by way of alternative though, no pleasing some people.
I did see this though…

Photographed not only because of the young “lady” in the thigh high boots in the poster in the window.
They [the shop] looked like they might have something not too extreme. I’m such a frumpy industrial EBM fan.

I also saw this pretty lion, eating an eagle I think.

And some nicely situated vomiting griffins.


These I think, judging by the condition of the water had been out on Friday and Saturday, it was not a pretty sight.

Today’s music was wonderful and varied. High points included:

Icon of Coil – Regret
The Brian Jonestown Massacre – Prozac vs. Heroin
Telephone (We are) – Occupy
Big Black – L Dopa
Front 242 – WYHIWYG
How to Swim – A Little orgasm of disappointment
Interpol – Say hello to angels
K90 – Form of life
Ladytron – I’m with the Pilots

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home