Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Holiday and a bit of a gripe

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Holiday and a bit of a gripe

Not a whole lot to report.

Got annoyed when a piece of equipment was taken apart and remade to the EXACT SAME THING as had been destroyed and which was still required. This was after weeks of giving advice about procedure and data processing and analysis only to hear time and time again, “Oh, this is what I’ve done..” with no mention of “…gave me a lot of help and pointed me in the right direction”. I’m only whining on here as I really don’t want to make a big thing of this, it’s just professional work ethic that if someone gives advice or help, It's acknowledged and, you don't just disassemble other people's stuff. The word of choice has to be "incredulous". No matter...

Monday I discovered a not huge, but formidable, spider hiding under my bag on the sofa. Number one rule, no animals on the sofa! Particularly if they have more than the acceptable number of limbs! On lifting the bag, the bugger made straight for the interior of a glove. Not sure if it was hoping to use this as some pneumatic exoskeleton and attempt strangulation, I picked up the glove and shook the fecker out, all the time paranoid about its whereabouts and where it would end up. Upon its landing I found a glass to cover it and I retreated back to the relative safety of bed.
A text message on my cell phone summoned me from bed later and I dozily knocked over the glass. Floor covered in shards, scary spider picking its way toward the chair, I knock it back a little and stuff the top of a CD cake over it. It is doing that rolled up “I’m dead don’t worry about me guv” trick. I position the centre spot over its lifeless form. I go back to bed. I get out of bed and put the base of the glass on the CD cake, just in case it’s been to weight lifting. I go out about 4 hours later (Holiday!!!) and the thing is still in the same position. I report it dead and feel guilty having taken a scary but innocent life. I come back hours later. The spider is defiantly dead, it hasn’t moved at all. I prepare for disposal and lift the plastic cover. Nada, not a peep out of it. I prod it with a wooden spoon, a very long wooden spoon. The bugger unravels and makes a break for the best seating arrangement in the flat! After it gets through the broken glass the cake is back on it and I am wondering if I have fire insurance and what things I need to save. I figure music CDs, credit cards, some notes and cards from SB and the computer and the rest can be abandoned.
Below is a link to the spider picture. I didn’t put it on here as people don’t like that sort of thing. Especially me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stuffed Badger said...

Eeek!!

26 Mar 2008, 09:41:00  
Blogger Pedro Mileto said...

bah... i've seen worse and i had to pay for it ;P
braçom! []

29 Mar 2008, 04:44:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home