Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: I won the lottery!!! oh hang on, no I didn't...

Monday, July 28, 2008

I won the lottery!!! oh hang on, no I didn't...

Today I had this dren in my inbox.


Dear Winner,
Winning Notification
This is to notify you that you have won £850,000.00 in our
online email lottery in which e-mail addresses are picked
randomly by computerised balloting, powered by the Internet.
Your email address was amongst those chosen for this period.
Ticket no: 56475600545 188
Serial no: 5368/02
Winning number: 08.11.21.32.35.42. {47}
Draw (#1187)
To claim your prize, please contact:
Mr Robert Hache, Email:
providencedepartment@gmail.com +447031981852
Yours faithfully,
Howrey, Mary
Online Coordinator

I urge everyone to send this bugger an email, preferably with a huge attachment. This is the equivalent to putting dog poo through someone's letter box.
My only fear is that through my own cynicism, I will tear up a cheque or consign some huge wad of cash to the bin. I think it only becomes a concern when you transfer such thoughts to everyday acts of kindness, such as someone holding a door open for you, or offering you change and refusing to take the equivalent in other coinage. I don't mean in another currency, that would be weird. Anyway, if i get that paranoid I'm sure there are drugs available to slow the downward spiral.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stuffed Badger said...

You really, really need some kind of spam filter. If only there were spam filters for dealing with live communication too. Just think - anyone about to try to sell you a copy of Watchtower would find them selves on the opposite side of the street!

29 Jul 2008, 08:49:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the "powered by the internet" bit.

29 Jul 2008, 11:23:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home