Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Busy busy

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Busy busy

Went up to Skye for a week to relax and get some walking and cycling in.
Got slightly delayed heading up and missed the ferry at Malaig by about 30 minutes. So had to head up to Kyle of Loch Alsh for the bridge. By this point it's dark and raining. Heading to Glendale was a bit of a trek with lots of single track roads. Strangely, the sections that had been resurfaced were the worsed. perfectly smooth, no feedback from the surface, no lines on either side, am I still on teh road or have I come off and died and this is purgatory, and because of the rain totally black, space flight (geek :o).
We arrived alive and once inside launched ourselves at the nice bottle of red and then the bottle of very nice port. Surprisingly, we were functional the next day. The next week were spent dragging ourselves up hills on bikes and on feet, following a clifftop path whilst inside the cloud with only a few metres visibility. I admit I may have been a bit whiney at this point as being killed after a fall off the cliffs in sudden bad weather isn't only bad for my health but, considering my opinion of the idiots that go up hills in flipflops, terribly embarrassing. Obviously we lived. SB was slightly annoyed as it totally cleared after we had come down from the scarey bit and photos had been missed.
SB bought lots of wool. It smells nice but still couldn't find that perfect grey wool smell.
I bought a cast iron raven for the garden we don't have yet.
I got a bottle of Talisker 57 degrees north :o)

The day after getting back I did my first Pedal for Scotland. This is the ride from Glasgow to Edinburgh 51 miles (82 km) which Pat (Jesus Loves Amerika) and myself did in around 3 hours 45 minutes. Not a world record but hey.



There is a convenient graveyard just at the bottom out of shot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stuffed Badger said...

Lucky we couldn't see the graveyard through the fog, as it might have been a little disconcerting ;-)

naldmica - the type of rocks we would have landed on should we have fallen off the cliff.

15 Sept 2010, 13:38:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home