Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: And on the seventh day he did some washing...

Sunday, January 28, 2007

And on the seventh day he did some washing...

Did I mention the cold?
You honestly would not believe how cold it is here at night, I say night, but it’s light outside and cloudy and I’m in the lab with a convection and a fan heater. Not perfect. I have that sick of being an imposition to people feeling today and it was that and the need to do a washing that made me turn down an invite to go do some hill walking. The warm boots I have here are these insane platform “Bunker” boots which used to only get the occasional viewing when going out. Since Torino they have been used a lot, but not really suitable for a human/mountain goat transmogrification. So looking online for some walking boots. I had a loan of a pair of Lowa boots which were fantastic, so I’m trying to find a pair of those somewhere.

Sorry, just noticed it is now really bloody freezing in here. The only explanation is that they pump all of the heat from the building, just in case you are a burglar and they want to make your burgling experience as unpleasant as possible.
This is a picture of where I am sitting.



I have a heater to the left and a fan heater underneath. One advantage is that the department has a textile engineering aspect, and of course, where you have textiles, you need washing machines. So I might just be sneakily using the machine and tumble dryer. Although I’m sure that little symbol of a square with a cross through it is there to tell me not to tumble dry those items. Unfortunately, it happens to be on practically everything I have. So I look like I am wearing children’s size clothing, how much worse would it be if all my clothes were damp?

Here is a pic of a butterfly I saw walking down from the seminary (see the photos that look like Beirut) Ahhh, look at the pretty :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home