Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Thursday hurrumph

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday hurrumph

Had a departmental meeting today which was interestingly dictatorial. At one point, when the protagonist claimed to be a supporter of democracy, a small squeak of mirth escaped after which I fully expected to be permanently excised from the campus.
I am still here. I have a parcel of gifts from my contact in the old world, which caused as much delight as finding a fine bottle of red wine washed ashore on the beach of a desert island. With my polo mints, caramel wafers, salt and vinegar sticks and bacon crispies I am once more in a happy place. But I would be happier with some stripey compant to aid in their consumption.

I have seen the photos of the snow in Glasgow and would post one of here, but it's raining and not dramatic or photogenic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home