Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Late posting from Saturday

Monday, January 15, 2007

Late posting from Saturday

Saturday the 13th. woooo
This is kinda twisted but I am determined not to a) ask if someone speaks English, or b) readily identify myself as an English speaker. I am obviously not a speaker of Portuguese, but that must improve. If it doesn’t I will starve or die of frustration. So today, despite being armed with more keys than is decent for anyone not a prison warden I still couldn’t get into the department. So I’m now in a café near the centre trying to find a network configured for open access. I am not a natural born hacker, so I’m not that hopeful. I also came out without charging the batter in the laptop so genius that I am, I might as well have brought a rucksack with a couple of house bricks instead.
I found a couple of bars that look hopeful, so I will force myself to come out for a sad and lonely beer tonight. Boo hoo hoo hear me weep across the world…

Guess who found the big shopping mall with lots of stuff in it :o)
Unfortunately I had my massive pack of everything with me so I didn’t buy any big things, like external speakers for my laptop. I did manage to get a power lead for the hard drive, so that frees up an adaptor. Although I do worry that most of these things are not fused…

Cars.
Lots of Rovers around Guimares. Very odd. I don’t think I even see as many as this at home. Also, at home they mostly look a big sorry for themselves, out here they have a different aura. The 200 looks like a feisty little beast sits on the road nicely and is a very appealing looking machine. Bizarre. Maybe I’ll start a Rover of the day section.
saw two minis, including a surfblue Clubman. trying to add image, but...




Seminary.

Nice enough. No cooking facilities as far as I am aware.

Cleanliness is next to Godliness

The shower pipe, one of those flexible metal things, does not reach the bracket fix on the wall. So in stead of a shower you get to stand in the bath and hose yourself down, which somehow lacks dignity. It seems like a bit of a weird form of humiliation. So, balls to the environment, I’m having a bath.

The chair at the desk is just at the right height to make typing really uncomfortable. I have sore arms and an ache in my neck.

The bedside lamp must have something like a 150 Watt bulb in it as every time I put it on it takes me about 5 minutes to adjust to the light level. If reading in bed, I wear my sun glasses.

Am I spotting a pattern here? Can you be conscripted into Opus Dei?

1 Comments:

Blogger Dalg said...

"This is the voice of teh Mysterons" You WILL obey,

22 Jan 2007, 15:25:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home