Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Compounding my problems

Friday, November 14, 2008

Compounding my problems

So here I am, creature without portfolio, scanning the jobs and recruitment pages looking for that role that will utilise my knowledge base or transferable skills. It's all a bit crap really, as you would think people would just look and say, Hmmm PhD, recognised in the field. Ability to learn and surpass present knowledge base. No, they don't. they say Hmmm PhD in XXXX, pity it's not in XXYY as that's really our field. Then they take on the kid with HNC with the full knowledge they will train the bugger for 2 years upon which he'll sod off for a better paid more senior role.
So imagine my shock when I see a role for a Cold Fushion Developer. I am all for renewable energy sources, but aside from some unrepeated reports of a Russian physicist's success I have heard nothing more about this harnessing of the sun to supply our needs.I should note that in the link I have put here, they don't even acknowledge ultrasound related cavitation bubble implosion.
Then I realised Cold Fushion is also a macromedia package. So, it's a web developer position. Of course, if I was a spider I might easily have similar shock when I see the amount of web developer posts on the internet. I might even get as bitter and disenchanted. Sit there, grumbling about the positions I could be doing whilst making gravy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stuffed Badger said...

Everyone knows that spiders cheat and use stock cubes ;-)

14 Nov 2008, 10:42:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home