Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: On my weekend...

Monday, November 03, 2008

On my weekend...

My lack of posting up until now is a shocker. Went to Bedlam on Saturday night with the reworked Anubis costume. This really amounted to cutting the snout and ears off of the mask I made in Portugal and correcting the angle error that previously led to me looking more like Gothic Eyore. I was too lazy to make a collar; but strangely had enough time to find a hieroglyph translator so that I could print rude messages as hieroglyphs onto iron on transfers which then went on a T shirt. Such a child I know. Friends P&G are in the photo below as a mummy and Tank Girl. You will also see a rather groovy Silent Hill nurse. Who must have been one of the creepiest and consistently in character people (entities?) there. SB was an excellent bat with fantastically flappy wings, but I don’t have a picture. Bottoms!!!






Sunday, went to see Shellac who were very good. Really weird crowd. Seemed to be a lot of very normal looking girls and boys. There was also a psycho with more menace than your average PCP’d knife wielding maniac, but thankfully he rapidly disappeared. I have to admit my favourite stuff is from the singles and “At Action Park” and they played a lot of it. They carried on, seemed to have fun and were extraordinarily tight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Graeme said...

From the photo it looks like they played Wingwalker. At least I have seen them before, would have been very annoyed if I had missed my only chance.

Hope all is well.

G

4 Nov 2008, 06:50:00  
Blogger Panic Stricken said...

hey G. Yes indeed they were expressing their "art" as a metaphor etc. played the first singles and a lot of "at action park" so the list was cool. They were VERY tight performance wise. couldn't fault them.
Things are ok here. weather is ok, still haven't found that magical post yet, but keep searching. take care. :)

5 Nov 2008, 00:38:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home