Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Weekend News etc

Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend News etc

Firstly, Birthday stuff
I got some fabulous loot. This included: a super wine temperature controller that looks like a pod from a spaceship, a controversial world domination game, some bamboo socks, and an excellent Nokia E65 phone which I love to bits.
Badger took me to The Spice Garden in Glasgow which has fantastic food and super service. It has changed hands but they are still really nice and have made a few changes to the menu which I think make it even better. Hope the previous manager is having fun whatever he is doing as I always have a soft spot for the atmosphere and also for their lamb bhoona.

Today...
I’m in Stranraer.
So, what of here then? Well, it has a weird atmosphere. I keep thinking of slightly harsh by lines they could use for their tourist board.

“Things not workout as you planned? Come to Stranraer”

"You didn't work hard enough; You know it's what you deserve"

"Lower your expectations!! Come to Stranraer"

This is all a little on the unfair side. As all the people seem nice, My B&B is very clean and comfortable, owners are lovely, I have a good mobile signal and my internet dongle works a treat.

But somehow, I have only been here hours and I have eaten fish and chips, drank instant coffee, and now have a bottle of screw-top French wine.

Stranraer, Relax, it’s only temporary.
We have a port and two good quality roads with which to escape.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stuffed Badger said...

I'd make a break for it right now if I were you.

15 Sept 2008, 20:35:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home