Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Late posting from this morning

Monday, January 15, 2007

Late posting from this morning

00:14 Jan 15th

So I’ve been sitting here most of the night trying to get some work done whilst listening to music. Imagine a time when music wasn’t freely available to enjoy. Isn’t that a horrifying thought? Personally I have always been enveloped by it as method of emotional introspection. As a child I had Bands like Black Sabbath and Deep Purple constantly filling my head due to my elder sister. I have to admit Black Sabbath were always closer to my heart. The name, if anyone out there hasn’t actually listened to them, is a bit alarmist. The music is some of the most heart felt honestly expressed rock I have ever heard. And it’s with typing that last sentence I remember that I still have someone’s CDs. If you read this I will return them next time in the UK. Right now I’m listening to Ozzy Ozbourne’s “You can’t kill rock and roll”. Beautiful guitar by the now deceased Randy Rhoads which whilst indulgent, doesn’t sound even vaguely masturbatory. Guitar fans will know what I mean. I went on the prowl for the coffee machine I saw being serviced in the seminary the other day only to find that the basement is not available to the common visitor. As I have complained before, all the inconvenience of a hotel with none of the luxury. I was going to buckle down and stay here for a month or so, but really, how does anyone survive without the provision to make a sandwich or a cup of tea? “Tonight” is playing now…

More work for a bit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dalg said...

Tonight is beautiful song. Really suits Ozzy's voice.

22 Jan 2007, 15:26:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home