Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: I can't think of a title

Friday, February 02, 2007

I can't think of a title

Yesterday was fun. I decided to try wearing my grown up shoes and that didn’t really work. Hiking down from and back up to the seminary was a bit precarious and I may as well been wearing 4 inch stiletto heels given the grace of decent on the way to the university. The floors which had previously seemed so firm and forgiving under foot were slippy and uneven, and I nearly killed myself on at least four occasions as I attempted to change direction without stopping completely.

Managed to get a power lead for computer, Yeah! And it cost €9, Boooo!

Coming back early to the seminary backfired as there was a middle aged woman waiting to tell me about a room she had to let. She told me a great length all about it, unfortunately, she told me in Portuguese. So I understood not a word. Actually, to my ears it sounded like one very long word with pauses for breath. I am less than enthusiastic about a room in a family home. I also don’t think that no communication on either side is a recipe for a happy living environment. We’ll just have to see…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home