Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: weekend

Monday, April 07, 2008

weekend

Should really do this as I had a reasonably good weekend.
Friday we went for dinner at a Chinese restaurant in Guimarães. Then to Coconuts (Bar), then to Convivio. Got home about 6 am. :o)

Saturday, during the day I managed to slip in the shower and smack my forehead against the wall, on the tiled corner, just above my left eye . This hurt and, after I’d stopped swearing, I had to go and have a little lie down with a frozen hamburger on the rising bump.

Then I went through to Braga to see Laibach.

The last time I saw them in Glasgow, it wasn’t very good. This time they were fantastic. I think the seated arrangement suited the content of the performance. I took a couple of short movie files (big files) and some photographs, a couple of which are below. They had a guest singer, I have the name, will post when I find. She had a beautiful voice which might even make me more susceptable to opera. Scary

After that I went to Insolito, where sadly the music wasn’t so good, but it was nice to see some familiar faces, including the owner who has always been very pleasant to me, This time i even managed to speak to him for a bit, nothing major, language skills are shameful, but I even surprised myself.

Waning around 5am, I decided that €25 for the cab wasn’t such an issue and was home for around 6.

I’m now in the last 5 weeks of my residence time in Portugal and intend to cram as much as I can!! So, next week… :o)

Sunday was a bottle of vinho verde and a film, Stardust. Now, I am ashamed to admit that this happy ever after tripe was very pleasant to watch and only a few times did I actually feel sick. Particular the coronation scene at the end. You have to bear in mind that I've been watching a lot of Blake's Seven so can't be trusted to be objective at this point.

Watched "Control" afterwards. The perfect antidote to any film intended to make you feel good. If it was earlier, I'd watch "Stardust" again...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home