Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: Sunday ramble, might think of something later

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday ramble, might think of something later

It’s Sunday and I have to admit this is one of the first days where I actually feel at ease. I guess this is due to feeling a bit more able to ask for things, albeit rather clumsily. Also, in two weeks I will see D and that is the biggest weight off my mind. Went out in Braga last night and before going on to the bar/club “Insólito”, we went to “The Celtic Knot” which was having an 80’s night. Thankfully the guy who DJs there prefers the better stuff from that sometimes dubious decade so we got: The Mission, The Smiths and The Cure, rather than some of the other hideousness that usually surfaces at “80’s” nights, Wham was delightfully absent from the playlist. At Insólito I got talking to a few industrial goth types. This was good as even though they weren’t playing any industrial there, it was nice to meet a few like minded souls who can guide me a bit in finding the clubs and venues in Porto. Today, despite it being another insanely late night, got the first bus back to Guimarães and have only had about 4 hours sleep, I feel much better. It’s warmer here than it has been, still cold though. It does mean I can get from place to place without needing a 4 inch thermal barrier to prevent heat loss. I kept getting told, it’s not that it was actually cold, it’s the humidity. No guys, it’s bloody freezing! at night, monkeys of a metallic nature would not dare to step outdoors for fear of emasculation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home