Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: This week...

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This week...

This week I am mainly based on The Black Isle. This is fabulous as you can no doubt guess by the name.
My purpose? I have to extract the magic number of water samples from the minions of Saramon; thwarting them with my white van driving expertise. I’m staying in the same hotel I was last week in a place called Carrbridge. I can’t actually fault the people. They are all completely pleasant and why they aren’t killing tourists for fun I have no idea. If these people lived in a city, they’d be sooo calm. I’m basing this on a rather pulled out of the air idea of inverse proportionality.
They have a band on just now. The band are/is (one guy, vocals, guitar, backing tape) terrible. He played the same shit last week. Even then, elderly people, far in excess of autumnal, were staggering into the bar complaining that the band was utter shite. The Huddersfield accent always makes me smile. The guy plays the same crap week in week out. Is he happy?
Todays highlight was driving to the end of some dirt track to a farm house with two Border Collies that barked and howled so much I wanted to drive at them. There was a tiny little lap dog thing, totally out of it’s depth, which barked twice then looked at me and wagged it’s tail in a “I don’t really like dogs, help!” way. For it’s sake, I reversed with the utmost care.
I bought a Bluetooth dongle from Tesco in Dingwall. The software is shite. There is a reason why this was £9.97.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stuffed Badger said...

Sounds more like Stoneybridge to me ;-)

27 Aug 2008, 21:53:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home