Tocsin! getting alarmed about not much: erm yeah

Friday, November 28, 2008

erm yeah

Wednesday night we went to see Ladytron at the ABC in Glasgow. Apart from a slightly questionable sound level on the girls' keyboards, and possibly monitors too, it was a good gig. The night before, SB had a small automotive hex vented on her making her exhaust decompose and blades fly into my tyre. From this, I took a weird "I'm fixing things!" pleasure from. Nice to make things, even if they are clunky brackets hammered out of scrap sheet steel.
The rest of the week has been me finally joining the hoards of small furry quadrupeds fleeing the USS XP for fear of the fast arriving prison ship USS Vista.
So, I have aquired an old dell, thank you Dr D, which needs to be rehoused so I can get normal AGP and PCI cards onto it, I have downloaded open office and found a linux driver for my vodafone 3G modem.
Joy.

This week I have watched Season one of Bones and started reading Arthur Waley's translation of Wu Ch'eng-en "Monkey". Finally that TV series makes sense.

Saturday - www.subcity.com - Digital Domination 8pm - 9pm GMT

3 Comments:

Blogger Stuffed Badger said...

I don't think Vista is quite as bad as everyone claims (it'd be difficult) but I've just downloaded Ubuntu so you won't have to worry about it :-)

28 Nov 2008, 15:54:00  
Blogger Dalg said...

Oh, now that's creepy, I picked up that same book in a charity shop yesterday......

1 Dec 2008, 13:36:00  
Blogger Dalg said...

Vista is fine. It's an upgrade that to be honest wasn't needed though, there was nothing wrong with XP. Vista just makes your pc look like a Mac, and if Micro$oft don't slow down the OS releases (Windows 7 is already being talked about) then people will just get fed up with them and migrate to Linux en masse.

2 Dec 2008, 09:28:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home